THAT SUGAR APP IS FREE AND AVAILABLE NOW!
Use THAT SUGAR APP to calculate the amount of sugar you are consuming. This easy to use tool converts the total sugar in everyday food and beverage products to ‘teaspoons’ that can be added to a daily tally to help you monitor and moderate your sugar intake.
A MESSAGE FROM DAMON
THAT SUGAR APP allows you to find and add products by ‘scanning’ the barcode or by looking up products and common café/takeaway menu items using the ‘search’ function. If you like to add sugar to your hot beverages or use it in your cooking, the ‘manual’ function allows you to include this sugar in your daily tally.
You can also set a personal ‘sugar challenge’ to help you track and moderate the amount of teaspoons you are having in a day, week or month. From here you can share your progress with friends and family on Facebook, to inspire them to explore how much sugar they are consuming and reduce their own intake.
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO BEAR IN MIND WHEN USING THAT SUGAR APP:
- Just like a nutrition information panel, the App calculates total sugars and does not separate the added sugar amount
- Focus on reducing the ‘added’ sugar in your diet
- Don’t remove the ‘natural’ sugar found in whole fruit, veg and dairy
- Be aware of ‘hidden’ sugars- many foods marketed as healthy are often high in added sugar
- The #1 health risk for Australians is now a poor diet
- Sugar is one aspect of a bigger nutritional picture
- That Sugar App is available to Australian residents only
Available for Australian residents only. For more information, including technical requirements and tips on how to get the most out of the App, please visit our App FAQs.