Contains dairy and egg
We’ve made these crepes to indulge those with a sweeter tooth, but they work equally well as a savoury dish. You can make the crepes and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to use them. Just reheat them in a pan.
- 1cup - buckwheat flour
- 2 - eggs
- 1cup - milk
- 3/4cup - water
- 40g - butter
- 2 - plums, thinly sliced
- yoghurt of your choice to serve
- In a mixing bowl, put the flour, eggs, milk, and 1/2 cup of the water.
- Whisk until smooth, then add water until you have the consistency of thin cream.
- Set aside for half an hour.
- When ready to cook, heat a small knob of the butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- When the butter starts sizzling, take 1/2 cup of the batter and pour into the frying pan, moving it around quickly to coat the bottom of the pan. This can take a bit of practice to get right – we find it’s easiest to hold the frying pan off the heat in one hand while you pour in your batter with the other.
- Cook the crepe for a couple of minutes until the edges easily lift, then flip and cook on the other side. Keep warm in an oven and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- For the plums, melt the remaining butter in a pan over a high heat.
- Add the plums and cook for a few minutes, keeping them moving in the pan.
- To put together, fold a crepe in half, then half again, and put on a plate alongside a helping of plums and a dollop of yoghurt.