Contains dairy and nuts
Try our lighter and far tastier version of cauliflower cheese. Serve up as a main meal with leafy greens or have as a delicious side to a dish.
Make dairy-free by swapping the butter and parmesan with a plant-based alternative.
- 1 - large cauliflower, cut into pieces, including stalks and leaves
- 1tsp - butter
- 1tbsp - tapioca flour
- 1 - sprig of rosemary
- 500mL - unsweetened almond milk
- 100g - grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to season
- 0.25cup - crushed almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/Gas mark 5/350F.
- Steam the cauliflower for 4 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the pan, add the tapioca flour, reduce heat to low and stir with a whisk.
- Place the rosemary stalk in the pan with the butter and tapioca mixture.
- Slowly add the almond milk, approximately 3 tablespoons at a time, and continuously stir to make a thick smooth sauce. Continue until all the milk is stirred in.
- Add most of the grated parmesan cheese (leaving a little to sprinkle over the top). Season and continue to stir until cheese is melted.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking dish, pour over the sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower with the crushed almonds, and bake for a further 15 minutes, until the almonds are golden.