We don’t know about you, but sometimes the thought of fruit salad is just a bit, well…meh. But served with a source of protein and treated the right way, you can have a nourishing little bowl of deliciousness fit for the start of a day of celebration! Adding ricotta and mint lifts this dish into a unique and special realm.
The dish could also serve as a snack or light dessert, and keep in mind the fruit we have suggested should be considered just that – a suggestion. Our general advice is don’t feel you must use loads of different fruits – less is more with this dish. Choose seasonal fruit and pair well. Plus, it makes the preparation a lot easier, and if you choose wisely, you will be better off for it!
We recommend including the passionfruit if you can get hold of one (the pulp makes a nice sauce), and another great addition is adding a sprinkle of seeds, such as chia, sunflower or hemp, to each serving. Sub out the ricotta for unsweetened coconut yoghurt or cashew cream to make this dairy-free.
- 3 - peaches, stones removed and sliced (we keep the skin on)
- 2 - punnets of strawberries, thinly sliced
- 200g - fresh ricotta
- 4tbsp - fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 4 - passionfruit
- In a bowl, toss the peaches, strawberries, ricotta, and two tablespoons of the mint.
- Divide between bowls or glasses and top each with the passionfruit pulp. If using, add to each a sprinkle of seeds.
- Garnish each with the remainder of the mint.