We don’t know about you, but sometimes the thought of fruit salad is just a bit, well…meh. But served with a source of protein and treated the right way, you can have a nourishing little bowl of deliciousness fit for the start of a day of celebration! The addition of ricotta and mint lift this dish into a unique and special realm.
The dish could also serve as a snack or light dessert, and keep in mind the fruit we have suggested should be considered just that – a suggestion. Choose fruit that is seasonal, pair well, and popular in your household. Our general advice is don’t feel like you have to use loads of different fruits. Less is more with this dish. Plus, it makes the preparation a lot easier and if you choose wisely, it will be better off for it.
We recommend including the passionfruit if you can get hold of one (the pulp makes a nice sauce), and another great addition is adding a sprinkle of seeds, such as chia, sunflower or hemp, to each serve. To make this dish dairy-free, sub out the ricotta for unsweetened coconut yoghurt or cashew cream.
- 4 - peaches, stones removed and sliced (we keep the skin on)
- 2 - punnets of strawberries, thinly sliced
- 100g - fresh ricotta
- 3tbsp - fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 4 - passionfruit
- In a bowl, toss the peaches, strawberries, ricotta, and 2 tablespoons of the mint.
- Divide between 4 bowls or glasses and top each with the passionfruit pulp. If using, add to each a sprinkle of seeds.
- Garnish each with the remainder of the mint.