With Halloween around the corner, we’ve created this gorgeous plant-based dessert for the grown-ups!
It’s quite rich, so this amounts to just a couple of tablespoons per person. Feel free to double the recipe if you like, but we find this the perfect portion to cap off a night.
The cacao nibs lend a welcome crunch and bitterness that works well against the sweetness of the pumpkin.
- 250g - pumpkin, chopped
- 1 - large medjool date
- 1/2cup - coconut yoghurt
- 1tbsp - cacao nibs
- Steam the pumpkin for about 10 minutes until the flesh is very soft.
- Soak the date in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften.
- Mash the pumpkin and date together until smooth (you may find this easier to use a hand blender).
- When the pumpkin has cooled, place in a bowl with the cacao nibs.
- Fold the coconut yoghurt through slowly – you want to try and retain a bit of a ripple effect.
- Divide between four small bowls and serve.