Smooth, creamy, delicious and nutritious! Nice cream makes a perfect alternative to the standard sugared-up, ultra-processed ice cream, especially for kiddos.
We have suggested four different flavours here, but really the options are endless. Get creating today!
- 2 - ripe bananas
- Flavour option 1 - Berry: 1 cup frozen berries & 2 tbsp coconut (or plain) yoghurt
- Flavour option 2 - Nutty Choc-chip: 2 tbsp nut butter & 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Flavour option 3 - Mango Coconut: 1 cup frozen mango pieces & 1/4 cup chilled coconut cream
- Flavour option 4 - Hazelnut Choc: 1/3 cup hazelnuts, 1 tbsp cocoa & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Peel and slice bananas. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Pop the frozen bananas in a high-speed blender or food processor along with chosen flavour ingredients (see above).
- Process on high for 3-5 minutes or until you get a ‘soft-serve’ consistency. You might need to stop and stir or scrape the sides a couple of times.
- For more of a firm ‘ice cream’, pour it into a container and freeze it for an hour or so.
- Serve and enjoy!