contains nuts and sesame
There was a time when we’d feel seedy from a big night out – but these days, we love rolling around in pumpkin and sunflower seeds and whatever else we can get our hands on…okay, not quite.
But if you make this, you’ll feel pretty virtuous every time you reach for this big jar of goodness. This makes a generous four cups, so trust us, it will last. Use it to accompany fruit and yoghurt, stir through a grain-free porridge, or reach for it when you struggle to make a vegetable exciting. This week we tossed a handful through steamed broccoli and again through a beetroot slaw. Easy!
Note – you can play around with the quantities here – this is just a guide.
- 1 cup - almonds
- 1/2cup - pumpkin seeds
- 1/2cup - sunflower seeds
- 2tbsp - sesame seeds
- 1/2cup - chia seeds
- 1 1/2cup - puffed quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spread the almonds evenly in one layer on a baking tray and roast for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool before processing into rough chunks.
- While the almonds are cooling, pop the pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds in the oven to toast – keep an eye on them– they shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl before transferring them to air-tight containers.