Here is a very simple recipe for the humble apple. We have used cinnamon and butter, but you can also make them with coconut oil and play around with other spices such as cloves, cardamom, ginger or fennel, depending on how you plan to consume them!
Chop up and pop them on your porridge, slice and serve alongside pork, or dish them up with a dollop of yoghurt or crème fraîche for a snack or dessert!
- 2 - apples of your choice, cut in half and cored
- knob of butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 1/4tsp - cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Put the melted butter in a small bowl and stir through cinnamon.
3. Place one apple half in the butter and turn it until coated. Place it on a baking dish.
4. Repeat for the rest of the apple halves.
5. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until they are nice and soft but still holding their shape well.