So this is Zoe’s all you can eat Salad Jar. Tuna, almonds, purple raw cabbage, kale, fennel and lettuce with a lemon and olive oil dressing. Put the dressing, tuna and almonds in first so the softer items don’t get soggy and then simply tip it upside down to serve. Maybe even call it a ‘rainbow jar’ by adding other colourful vegetables and make it fun for kids. For a vegetarian option, swap the tuna for black beans or chickpeas!
- 2 - handfuls of raw almonds
- 185g - tin tuna in springwater, sustainably sourced
- 1/4cup - olive oil
- juice of a lemon
- 1cup - kale, finely chopped
- 1cup - purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 1cup - fennel, finely chopped
- 1cup - mixed lettuce leaves
- Place the almonds in the bottom of the jar.
- Add the can of tuna, separating any large chunks with a fork.
- Mix olive oil and the lemon juice in a cup, pour it over the tuna and almonds.
- Layer the kale, purple cabbage, fennel and leaves.
- Tip the jar to coat the salad with the dressing before serving. This recipe is great when you’re on the go and can be adapted to suit any sized jar!