Contains, eggs, dairy and gluten
These delicious wraps are given a lift by a vibrant tomato salsa, spiked with coriander and chilli. The fresh cos lettuce cuts through the richness of the eggs while the black beans give this a decidedly Mexican feel. Other variations on this theme could include some roasted sweet potato or cashew cheese smeared across the bread. Some grated manchego would make this a little fancier, and instead of the lettuce, you could use some mixed sprouts or zingy rocket. Make this for breakfast or keep them for an office lunch – heating them up in a sandwich press makes them good as new!
- 2 - tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 - handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 - red chilli, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 - avocado, thinly sliced
- 400g - tinned black beans, drained
- 1 - handful of fresh cos lettuce leaves
- 3 - free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- 15g - butter
- 2 - large wholegrain tortillas or wraps
- Pulse the tomatoes, coriander, and chilli in a food processor until you have a chunky salsa. This may only take a few seconds so keep an eye on it.
- Get the avocado, black beans, and lettuce ready on a plate – once the eggs are cooked you don’t want to waste time finishing off the dish!
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add a little splash of water to the eggs, then add to the pan and immediately lower the heat. The key to a creamy scrambled egg is to cook it low and slow.
- Move the eggs around the pan, and remove from the heat once you can see the whites of the eggs have just cooked.
- Lay a tortilla on a plate, and arrange the ingredients in neat rows from left to right.
- Roll the burrito up firmly, cut in half, and enjoy the fruits of your labour!