This vibrant, colourful salad offers a terrific combination of flavours, including a subtle sweet hit from the pomegranate (perfect if you are easing off a high sugar diet).
Great on its own, as a side, or as a fun salad to share with the kids!
- 3 - Lebanese cucumbers, sliced into 3 cm slices
- 2 - medium-sized stalks of spring onion, finely chopped
- 15 - cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 - avocado, roughly chopped
- seeds from a pomegranate (see note in method)
- 40g - feta
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2tbsp - olive oil
- Place the tomatoes, spring onions, cucumbers and avocado into a large salad bowl.
- Extract seeds from the pomegranate; Halve the pomegranate and, holding the cut side in your hand over the bowl, hit the skin side firmly with a solid wooden spoon to pound out the seeds. (This is the fastest and easiest way to remove them.) Add the seeds to the salad bowl.
- Roughly crumble in the feta, drizzle with olive oil, and crack in some salt and pepper.
- Gently stir through the ingredients with a metal spoon to combine.