Contain eggs and nuts
A great option for a meat free night or a fun way to get kids to eat vegetables.
- 1cup - coconut oil
- 10 - medium sized button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 100g - almond meal
- 3 - eggs
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- In one bowl, crack three eggs and whisk with a fork. In another bowl, pour 100g of almond meal.
- Dip a handful of mushrooms into the egg mix until they are covered in egg. Then remove them from the egg and dip them in the bowl of almond meal. Gently roll them in the almond meal until coated with it (like a schnitzel). Repeat this process until all mushrooms are done.
- Place coated mushrooms into the frying pan of oil and allow them to cook until they are evenly golden, stirring them occasionally with a slotted metal spoon.
- Remove cooked mushrooms and lay them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.