Contains nuts (optional)
A nutritious, filling and fun snack for all. You can play around with different spreads and bits for the coating- Greek yoghurt can replace the spread, and cacao nibs are a delicious option for rolling.
We recommend doing quite a few and keeping them in the freezer to have on hand!
- 2 - large firm bananas, peeled
- 1/2cup - peanut butter or hazelnut spread (no added sugar)
- 1/4cup - desiccated coconut
- 1/2cup - crushed nuts of choice (we used almonds and hazelnuts) - best ground in a food processor
- Coat the bananas in the nut butter or spread.
- On a plate, combine the coconut and crushed nuts, then roll the bananas in them to gently and thoroughly coat them.
- Pop them in the fridge for around 15 minutes until the nut butter/spread has slightly firmed up. You can also freeze them at this point.
- Just before serving, slice them into 2 cm pieces, arrange them on a serving plate and serve them with chopsticks!