Contains dairy (dairy-free option)
Often it’s the simple things in life that are the most satisfying, and nothing is truer of corn, slightly charred on the BBQ or under a grill, elevated with simple toppings. Here we’ve given two examples!
To make this vegan-friendly, you could whip miso paste with coconut oil for the first version, and use nutritional yeast instead of pecorino for the second one.
We’ve left the corn cobs whole, but you can just as easily take the husks completely off and cut them in half before cooking.
- 4 - cobs of corn, husks pulled back and tied together with kitchen string
- 1tbsp - miso paste
- 40g - butter
- 50g - parmesan or pecorino, finely grated
- 1tbsp - paprika
- 1tbsp - extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat a BBQ or grill to high heat.
- Mash the miso paste into the butter and set aside.
- Mix the cheese and paprika together and spread over a plate.
- Rub the olive oil over the corn so each cob is well coated.
- Cook on the BBQ or under the grill for 8-10 minutes until the kernels are shiny and starting to char in some places.
- Remove from the heat and immediately roll two of the corn cobs through the plate of paprika and parmesan.
- Use a knife to spread the miso butter on the other two corn cobs.
- Serve immediately while still juicy and hot.