If there was ever a quick recipe for a hot summer’s day, then this is it. If you’re feeding a few and have a large platter, triple the recipe, arrange everything in the centre of the table, and people can serve themselves. It will look stunning! (and with so little effort). Make sure you barbecue the mangoes until you can see the charcoal lines on the flesh, and serve them with coconut yoghurt to make this vegan-friendly.
We also think it is a great option to go on a brunch sharing table!
- 1 - large mango, pip discarded and cheeks cut in a cross-hatch
- 1 - passionfruit, halved
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Greek or coconut yoghurt to serve
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- Preheat a griddle pan or BBQ to a very high heat.
- Place the mango halves flesh side down on the pan and cook for a few minutes until parts of the flesh start to caramelise and turn black.
- Take off the heat, and when cool enough to handle, flip the mango inside out and put it on a platter alongside the passionfruit halves and quenelles of yoghurt.
- Scatter over pomegranate seeds and mint leaves if using.