A simple way to cook beetroot that’s appealing to the little ones and can jazz up any dish.
Use as a side dish, a garnish, or a pre-dinner snack!
We’ve used three different types of beetroot here, but the humble purple beetroot alone will work just fine. The thinner you slice them the crispier they get. A mandolin comes in handy here – just watch your fingers!
- 2- 3 small beetroot, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp - coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat.
- Add the coconut oil and melt. When hot, add the beetroot slices in one layer (you may have to do this in batches).
- Fry for a few minutes on each side, taking care not to burn.
- Put aside on paper towel until ready to eat!