Bliss balls – yep, they’re everywhere, but these are quite special. Many bliss balls can appear healthy but go pretty hard on the sugar! These little beauties have only 1/3 of a date per ball. Using a sweet vegetable such as beetroot reduces the sugars elsewhere while still making a yummy treat. These can be kept in the fridge during the week for a quick pick-me-up or the school lunchbox.
- For the balls
- 1/2cup - finely grated raw beetroot
- 1cup - coconut flour
- 5 - medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup - unhulled tahini
- To finish
- 2tbsp - coconut oil, melted
- 1cup - desiccated coconut
- 1tsp - cacao
- 1tsp - turmeric
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor until well combined. Test the mixture by squeezing a small amount into your hand and making a small ball. If it feels too dry, add a bit more tahini.
- Press the mixture firmly into 15 small balls and rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide the desiccated coconut between two bowls and stir the cacao in one and the turmeric in the other.
- Roll each ball in coconut oil before dipping into the cocoa or turmeric coconut mixture.
- Keep in the fridge and eat as desired!