Contains nuts and egg
Fast food doesn’t have to be bad food. This is a fun version of an Indonesian classic, bringing a little street food home.
- 1/2 - cauliflower
- 1tbsp - peanut oil or olive oil
- 1 - carrot, finely diced
- 1 - clove of garlic, crushed
- 5 - spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 - red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 - white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup - cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- handful of coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 - eggs
- 2tbsp - coconut flakes
- Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor or very finely chop until you have a rice consistency. Place the cauliflower in a tea towel and twist to drain any excess moisture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the carrot, garlic, spring onion, spring onion, chilli and cabbage, then saute for four minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Add the cashews and continue to cook.
- Add the cauliflower and pump up the heat, stir continually, mix through the coriander, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the fried ‘rice’ from the saucepan and crack the eggs into the hot pan. Fry until the bottoms are crispy.
- Serve with the egg on top and a sprinkle of coconut.