This versatile salad is super easy to make and can be used as a BBQ side dish or as a filling for tacos.
We like to leave some chunky pieces of corn in the salad in addition to the individual kernels. It adds a different texture and looks great.
Don’t skip grilling the corn – the charred bits are the best!
- 4 - corn cobs, husks removed
- 2 - punnets cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 - bunch fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- 4 - spring onions, finely sliced
- 1tbsp - olive oil
- juice of half a lime
- green or red tabasco to taste
- Preheat the grill in your oven, leaving the door slightly ajar.
- Place the corn on a flat baking tray and cook under the grill for 10-15 minutes, turning once, until some of the kernels begin to darken. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Put the tomatoes, coriander and spring onions in a bowl.
- Cut the kernels off three of the corn cobs and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut the remaining cob into thirds, and then cut each third in half. Add to the salad and toss well.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lime juice, and add tabasco to your taste.
- Combine well and leave in the fridge until ready to serve.