Contains dairy and egg
This delicious slice is effortless to prepare and packed with protein and flavour. It is the perfect portable breakfast, lunch or snack, and can also serve as an evening meal accompanied by a salad.
Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese. You can also try using different vegetables, depending on the season or whatever you need to use up in the fridge. The options are endless!
- 1tbsp - olive oil
- 2 - leeks, sliced
- 200g - baby spinach
- 1/2 - bunch of kale, roughly torn
- 1/2cup - parsley, chopped
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 - free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 80g - feta or ricotta
- 100g - pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Grease or line a shallow pie dish or tray with baking paper.
- In a fry pan, warm the olive oil. Sauté the leek until soft, add the kale for a few minutes before adding the spinach last.
- Season with lemon, salt and pepper and cook until soft and combined.
- Transfer the greens mixture to the prepared pie dish, distributing evenly. Pour eggs over the greens and crumble over the cheese and pine nuts.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest before slicing.