This wholesome snack, created by Zoe Gameau, is nut-free and gluten-free, and can be enjoyed by the whole family.
An ideal substitute for a muesli or granola bar. And in our humble opinion, even more delicious!
- 200g - butter
- 1cup - dates, chopped
- 1cup - coconut, shredded
- 1cup - quinoa, cooked
- 1cup - coconut flour
- 40g - linseeds (flaxseeds)
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Stir gently to combine.
- Line a baking tray with paper. Press the mixture into a slab, making a very firm layer. This is crucial to achieving a crumblicious bar rather than just crumble!*
- Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes to let it dry out and set, until a little golden around the edges.
- Remove it from the oven and cut it into slices the size of muesli bars. Wrap in baking paper individually and store in an airtight container in the fridge. They should keep for a week or more.
*Note: If this recipe does end up too crumbly because of over/undercooking or a lack of pressing, don’t throw the ingredients away! Use what you have in a different way, such as a delicious crumbly topping on some poached fruit. And take heart – it can sometimes take a few attempts to get a new recipe right.