Contains nuts and gluten
These delectable little vegan cookies have the texture of a fudgy chocolate brownie, and while they don’t make a huge batch, you can whip them up and have them out of the oven in half an hour. Perfect if you have hungry little mouths to feed for afternoon tea, or you’re just having a craving for something sweet!
You can swap out the almond butter for another nut butter of your choice – hazelnut would be a dream here too. And use any plant milk you have on hand.
- 2/3cup - almond butter
- 5 - dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1/4cup - plant milk
- 1/3cup - wholemeal flour (such as spelt, or buckwheat for a gluten-free option)
- 1tbsp - cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Drain the dates and put in the bowl of a food processor with the almond butter. Process until well combined.
- Add the plant milk, wholemeal flour, and cocoa. Process until you have a thickish batter.
- Use a tablespoon to scrape little balls of mixture onto a lined baking tray.
- Use the back of a spoon to flatten them gently, and then bake for 15 minutes. They’ll still feel quite soft, but don’t worry they’ll firm up as they cool.
- Make a cup of tea and eat some fudgy goodness.