Homemade hummus is worlds apart from the tubs you buy in the shops. It’s simple, it’s delicious, and it only contains good things.
Serve as a snack with chopped raw veggies such as carrots, capsicum, cucumber, snow peas, or radishes, spread over seeded crackers or a slice of Brainy Bread, or serve as part of a mezze platter!
Creating different flavours is super easy, here some of our favourites:
- Add the zest of half a lemon and a handful of fresh coriander, and blend with the other ingredients
- Add a little cumin and paprika, and blend with the other ingredients
- After blending, stir through a heaped tablespoon of finely chopped jalapeños.
- 400g - tinned chickpeas, drained
- juice of a lemon
- 1tbsp - tahini
- 1 - clove of garlic
- 1/4cup - cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend on a low setting for roughly 4 minutes. Pause blending occasionally to stir the mixture and scrape the sides of the food processor, and to taste and season with more salt and pepper, if required. It may feel a little longer than needed but it makes the hummus smooth and fluffy!
- Optional: top with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, chilli flakes and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.