This is a really easy and healthy weeknight meal because we are all about making weeknight cooking simpler. So if you’re cooking salmon buy a bit extra, just for the purpose of having the leftovers to make a salad or fish cakes.
- 3 large - zucchini
- 2 - salmon fillets, around 100 g each
- 1 tbsp - olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 3-4tbsp - pesto
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with paper.
- Place the salmon on the lined tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of your fillet.
- While the salmon is cooking- Use a mandoline, julienne peeler or spiral slicer to cut the zucchini into long, thin strips. Don’t worry if you don’t have one of these options – you can also use a peeler to cut the zucchini into thin ribbons.
- Put the zucchini in a saucepan with a tablespoon of water, and warm through on a low to medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring often to evenly distribute the heat.
- When the salmon is cool enough to handle, break it into chunks.
- Toss the salmon and pesto through the zucchini.