Polished off in a flash the minute they came out of the oven!
These mini ‘pizzas’ are delicious but are more soft than crunchy, so it’s best to eat them with a knife a fork so as not to wear them!
- 1 - large eggplant, sliced 1 cm thick
- 2 tbsp - garlic olive oil (or 1 tsp of crushed garlic stirred in plain olive oil)
- 1cup - passata
- 2 tsp - oregano
- 12 - slices salami (omit for vegetarian)
- 1/2cup - mozzarella, grated
- Lightly brush the eggplant slices with garlic oil and lay them on a lined baking tray. Grill for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Turn over and lightly brush the other side with garlic oil and grill for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the passata, oregano and remaining garlic oil in a small bowl.
- Remove eggplant from the grill, then spoon a little passata on each, followed by a slice of salami, then finish with a sprinkle of mozzarella.
- Pop the ‘pizzas’ back under the gill for a few more minutes until the cheese has melted and started to turn golden.