A perfect share-style dinner, this Moroccan vegetable platter is so easy and will go down a treat!
You can play around with different vegetables that are in season or whatever you find in the fridge.
- 1 - large sweet potato, quartered with insertions cut in criss-cross pattern
- 1/2cup - pine nuts
- 2 - large carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 - cauliflower, roughly chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 - bunch asparagus
- 3tbsp - olive oil, plus some for roasting
- 5tbsp - Moroccan spice mix
- 5tbsp - Greek yoghurt (or unsweetened coconut yoghurt for dairy-free)
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2cup - kale, sliced into strips
- 1 - green apple, sliced and cut into bite-sized chunks (discarding the core)
- 1 - bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 1 - bunch cherry tomatoes, left on the vine
- 400g - tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place sweet potato on a tray and dry bake for 45 minutes.
- Place pine nuts on another baking tray and bake for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Place carrots, cauliflower and asparagus on a baking tray, then toss with a splash of olive oil and 3 tbsp of the Moroccan spice mix. Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by adding yoghurt, olive oil, lemon juice and remaining 2 tbsp of the spice mix into a small bowl. Mix well until well combined and set aside.
- Start composing the dish by layering the apple, kale and mint.
- When ready, remove roast vegetables from the oven. On top of the apple, kale and mint, arrange the roasted vegetables with the cherry tomatoes, then top with chickpeas and pine nuts.
- Spoon the dressing over the top of the platter and serve.