This salad is one of our long-standing favourites. Anything with pomegranate in it generally is!
In That Sugar Guide, we talk about the importance of transitional foods and how we use them to help transition from a diet high in processed and sugary foods to a diet with more whole foods. This tasty salad fits nicely into that brief.
It’s also a great one to share with friends and family as the flavours are very moreish.
Serves four as a side or two as a main course.
- 1 x 400g - tinned lentils, drained and rinsed
- Seeds from a pomegranate
- 1cup - loosely packed mint, leaves picked
- 1cup - loosely packed coriander, leaves picked
- 1cup - loosely packed flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1 - orange, skinned and diced
- 100g - goat cheese
- 1/2tbsp - cumin
- 1/4cup - lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup - extra virgin olive oil
- Cracked pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients.
- Stir until a good thorough mix of flavours is achieved.