Sweet Potato Toast. That’s right – slice some sweet potato, pop it in your toaster and a few rounds later you’re ready to throw on some toppings and get stuck in. It’s fast, it’s creative, and it’s fun.
We have shared a couple of ideas below using apple or strawberries, but sweet potato toast loves savoury toppings, too.
We encourage you to get creative and play around with toppings that suit your palate or dietary preferences – the options are endless!
- 1 - large sweet potato
- 1 - small apple
- 50g - feta (dairy or dairy-free)
- a handful of sprouts
- 4 - large strawberries
- a drizzle of tahini
- sesame seeds, to finish
- Slice your sweet potato lengthways into 4 slices at 1/2 cm thick.
- Put your toaster on the highest setting and get toasting. This wil l take anywhere from 2 to 4 rounds depending on the power of your toaster. You’re looking for the flesh of the potato to start blistering in spots.
- Thinly slice the apple and toss with the feta
- Lay the slices on the toast and dig out some of the bigger bits of feta to crumble on top.
- Finish with alfalfa sprouts scattered over them.
- Thinly slice your strawberries almost all the way to the base then gently fan them out.
- Place on the toast, drizzle with tahini and finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Now get cracking on some of your own ideas!