Contains egg and gluten
Feel all fancy at brunch with minimal effort while using up leftovers. You can use any veggies you have left over as long as the quantities are similar. These are delicious topped with a simple yoghurt dressing, guacamole, hummus, or poached egg.
Make a double-batch and have on hand a tasty and nourishing addition to the lunch box! Packed with fibre and protein, it is the perfect food for fuelling the brain and body for the remainder of the day.
- 1cup - quinoa, cooked
- 1cup - broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 1 - carrot, grated
- 1 - corn cob (roughly half a cup of corn pieces)
- 1/2 - small red onion
- 3 - eggs, lightly whisked
- 1tbsp - chopped chives
- 1 - small handful chopped mint
- 1/4cup - wholemeal flour, or almond meal for gluten free
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3tbsp - oil
- Toss the quinoa and veggies together.
- Pour in the whisked eggs and combine well.
- Stir in the herbs, flour or almond meal, salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan over medium heat
- Using a spoon, scoop out the fritter mixture and place in the frying pan, flatten with the back of the spoon. You should be able to cook 2-4 in each batch depending on the size of your pan and fritters.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until a little crispy and golden.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to drain on a paper towel. If you’re making a big batch, you may want to keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
- Pile them fritters high and serve with topping or garnish of your choice!
- Store cooled leftovers in the fridge in airtight container for up to three days.