This is a delicious alternative for those who like some fizz without the added sugar!
- 1cup - raspberries (frozen will work fine if you can't get fresh)
- 1cup - cherries, pitted
- 1L - sparkling water, chilled
- a sprig of fresh mint, leaves picked
- Over low-medium heat, add 3/4 of the raspberries and all of the cherries to a saucepan.
- Stir constantly, crushing the cherries as you go.
- Add up to 1 cup of water gradually to prevent the liquid from burning.
- After about 10 minutes, once the mixture has reached a soft consistency like jam and the fruit starts to break apart, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Fill a large serving jug with sparkling water, pour the fruit in, and add the remaining whole raspberries and mint.
- Stir gently, then serve over ice.