Contains dairy (optional)
So here’s the thing – you’ll either love hot avocado or hate it. But even if you’re in the second camp, we reckon you should give this one a crack. It’s a taste of Mexico in one tiny package, and a ridiculously easy and yummy lunch to whip up at home.
Serves 2 (or one very hungry person)
- 1 - large ripe avocado, halved with stone removed
- 100g - cooked black beans (tinned are fine)
- 1 - tomato, chopped
- handful coriander leaves
- 40g - grated cheese of your choice (dairy or plant-based. We used gruyere)
- drizzle of olive oil
- flaked almonds and lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the avocado halves (in their skins) on a baking tray.
- Combine the black beans, tomato, coriander and cheese in a small bowl, then carefully fill the avocado halves with the mixture.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and the black beans look slightly charred. Remove from the oven.
- Place each of the halves of baked avocado on two plates and sprinkle with flaked almonds. Serve lemon wedges for squeezing over the top.