Is it sweet? Is it savoury? Who knows… Is it absolutely and totally delicious. Heck yes!
For breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert – it works. The high volume of eggs means it’s packed full of protein and flavour, plus it contains fruit and veg. Delicious topped with cream cheese or nut butter!
Okay, enough. Here’s how to make it.
- 6 - eggs
- 1tsp - vanilla extract
- 1tsp - apple cider vinegar
- 1/2cup - olive oil or coconut oil, melted
- 1 - zucchini, grated
- 1 - very ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4cup - coconut flour
- 1tbsp - cinnamon
- 1tsp - baking powder
- 1/2tsp - bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2tsp - salt
- 1/3cup - shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the vanilla, apple cider vinegar, oil, zucchini and banana. Whisk together into a smooth batter.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarb of soda and salt. Stir until combined.
- Pour into the baking tin and sprinkle the shredded coconut on top.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes. Check that the loaf is cooked by inserting a knife so that it pulls out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack.