A delicious plant-based that can be enjoyed as a snack, a side, or as part of a mezze. It is made perfectly complete served with hummus.
You can get the kids involved in the prep – even the most veggie-adverse may come around with this tasty dish!
The nutritional yeast adds a savoury cheesy flavour and combined with the almond meal results in a bit of crunch.
- 1/2 - head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2cup - almond milk (any plant-based milk will work)
- 3/4cup - almond meal
- 1/4cup - nutritional yeast flakes
- olive oil
- hummus for serving
- roughly chopped almonds & coriander leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the almond milk in one bowl, and the almond meal and yeast flakes into another.
- Dip each floret into the milk, then roll around in the meal and flake mix to coat.
- Lay the crumbed florets onto the baking tray.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with a little olive oil then roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Heap some hummus onto a platter and spread it with the back of a spoon.
- Arrange the cauliflower on top, and scatter some roughly chopped almonds and coriander over the top.